By using fresh fodder biscuits, it is easy to manage your pigs diet and provide it with everything it requires.
- Weaning = ⅛ biscuit per day
- Rearing = ¼ biscuit per day
- Feeding = ½ biscuit per day
- Sow out of season = ½ biscuit per day
- Sow in season = 1 biscuit per day
Pigs only have one stomach, so do not require any additional roughage.
Fresh sprouted barley provided by Fodder Solutions systems is a great way to give your livestock fresh, natural, quality feed all year round, and you can tailor it to your animal’s requirements.
Fresh fodder can provide you with a more natural, easily digestible, high quality feed that can improve your livestock’s performance and general health.
- Improvements in coat condition
- Improved weight gain
- Improved muscle condition
- Improved lactation rates
- Improvements in milk quality
- Improved fertility rates
- Reduction in cull rates
- Reduced mortality rates
- Improved hoof quality and strength
The reason these benefits have been seen time and again by users of Fodder Solutions systems worldwide is that their livestock are used to being fed on dry and dead feeds. While these feeds contain more than adequate nutrition, the difference is in how the animal digests it’s feed, and how much benefit it gains from the feed.
Natural Feed = Natural Digestion
- Green leaves = live enzymes - All grazing animals rely on bacteria and enzymes in the gut to aid digestion, and with dead feeds they aren’t getting the beneficial enzymes and microbes that fresh fodder can provide. Feeding fresh green fodder will mean your horse will get the maximum from it’s feed, and none of it is wasted.
- Amino Acid proteins - The sprouting grain converts its existing protein and some of its starch into Amino Acid proteins in the green leaves. This is the best form of protein as it is a building block for larger proteins. They are used for building muscle tissue, and provide your animal with slow release energy, these are the factors that produce improved weight gain and muscle condition.
- Wet - When taken from the system the feed is wet, and the biscuit itself contains up to 80% moisture. Grazers aren’t designed to drink all of their required moisture, the fodder provides natural moisture intake, which is well assimilated. Amongst other things this provides excellent hydration, which helps to flush toxins from the system improving recovery rates and improves blood flow.
- Sprouts can have an alkalising effect on the body, and help to neutralise acidic waste, helping to develop a stronger immune system and quicker healing. Grazers assimilate and use nutrition and oxygen more effectively when their rumen and cells have an alkaline balance.
- Chlorophyll is excellent for blood cleansing and renewal, as well as helping to detoxify the body, and have a regenerative effect on the lungs, glands, and vascular and lymphatic systems. Fresh fodder biscuits provide a simulated grazing process for your animals, which is much more suited to their digestive system than several bulk feeds of concentrated nutrition per day.
Vitamin and Mineral benefits
- Excellent for disease resistance
- Skin & coat condition
- Nervous system function
- Immune system competence & disease resistance
- Heart, skeletal & respiratory muscle function
- Oxygen utilisation
- Possible role with Selenium preventing muscle tie-up syndrome
- Nervous system function
- Possible link to blood capillary strength and fragility